The Lender Guarantee
Although we are a young company here at Rentr, we are trying our best to maintain a safe and secure community for our lenders. If for some reason, an item of yours is lost, stolen or damaged in the process of being rented, we will reimburse you up to 100% of the fair market value of the item(s) you lend. The guarantee we offer covers up to 1000$ for every item that you may lend on Rentr.
To make a claim please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information? Check out the guarantee FAQs
We are still working on what is covered in our Guarantee and damage is considered a broad term so here are some things not covered by our Guarantee:
- Vehicles including campervans and motorhomes.
- Minor damage done to your property that does not affect the functionality of the item.
- Damages that resulted from lack of maintenance or preventative precautions of the lender (e.g., rusted tools) such as scratches or small dents.
- The internal components and software of any rented machinery parts such as a computer’s GPU/CPU/Motherboard
- Public Liability
We value your satisfaction as lenders and it is our priority to address any problems you may face while lending out your items. If in any case you have your own commercial insurance, you must exhaust such claim first. If your commercial insurance will not cover it, then you can make a claim through our Rentr Guarantee. To make a claim please email email@example.com
To make a claim for our Rentr Guarantee, you must provide proof of ownership or purchase of the item you lent out. It is to be noted however that It is part of our own discretion as a company to evaluate the alleged damage or loss done to your items. Each case may require us to take a look to further see if there is indeed damage done to your items. We do not guarantee late fees. However, if a borrower returns your items late and refuses to pay for it, we will try our best to recover the fees on your behalf.
To be eligible for a guarantee, you must prove the following statements by answering truthfully:
- You are the person who created and verified an account on Rentr which lend the item in question.
- You have provided all requested documentation to make a claim.
- You have not been convicted of, or charge with, offences other than motoring offences in the past 5 years.
- You have never been subjected to a county court judgement, an individual voluntary arrangement, bankruptcy proceedings or a debt relief order.
- You have never had an insurance refused, cancelled, or had any special terms imposed.
- You have not made more than 2 insurance claims over the past 5 years.
What to do before and after the rental
To ensure a smoother evaluation of your claim for a guarantee, here are a few things you should do before and after a rental takes place:
- Take photos or videos of your items within 24 hours before it is picked up for rent. Timestamps are recommended to further prove the item’s conditions. You can take photos in our app or with your phone.
- Take a video showing the appropriate functionality of your item. If it is an equipment or device, you should take a video showing that it works properly. This is useful when there is no external damage done to your item after the rental but there seems to be a temporary or permanent damage in terms of function. On the other hand, if you believe an item you lend has been damaged during the rental, make sure to document it by using photos or videos taken within 24 hours from when it was returned to you.
- If your item has not been returned on time or it has been returned partially or entirely damaged, you must open a case with us within 24 hours of the end date of the rental via the claims form.
- Ensure that all items you give to the borrower are mentioned in the listing. If they are not in the listing, they are not covered by our guarantee.
- Make sure you have the proof of purchase or proof of ownership and the serial numbers for your items. These are required for successful claims.
- It is also advisable that you and the borrower directly resolve the issue first because it is easier to do so. If not, our Team will try their best to mediate the dispute on your behalf.
We care, and are doing everything we can to improve.Back to Top
You can read the lender Item Guarantee in full here.
Take a look at our FAQ for guarantee-related questions